Private Design & Research Centers as Pivot for Defense Corridor- A SWOT Analysis
Reason to Encourage R&D Centers
Completes the Defense Ecosystem
On Demand Design & Research Services
Cost Effective than In-house Infrastructure
Retains Hi-Tech Talent within State
Starting Point towards Industry 4.0
Weakness as “Pvt. Ltd.
Opportunity Size vs. Engagement Reality
Urgency on R&D vs. Administrative Steps
- For upcoming entities in defense incubators / innovation centers ?
Can MoD organisations extend CARS?
Can academia share its consulting assignment?
Threat to Growth
- Breakthroughs in Indian R&D help ‘marketers of foreign OEMs’ convince their respective governments to lift export sanctions over supply of advanced defense equipment to India. Thus, our indigenous R&D efforts often do not become part of equipment in use with the forces. A policy intervention is requested here.
Core Beliefs – Zeus Numerix
- Numerical simulations is an integral part of defense design and development where systems operate at extreme environments
- Off-the-shelf packages may be good starting point, but in-depth analysis requires ownership over IP that can be tuned, scaled-up or coupled without any restriction as per design requirement
- Like everything else in defense, Zeus Numerix will continue to develop indigenous capabilities and self reliance in our chosen area of activities